Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Book app not functioning after is 17.1.1 update

iPhone 13

Posted on Nov 16, 2023 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2023 4:12 AM

I have the same problem after my recent update to 17.1.1. I play audiobooks exclusively on the app. The book will start playing after a slight lag and then it will stop and start several times and then totally stop working. Also, the phone gets very warm very quickly with the app running. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app several times with no help. I downloaded an alternate audiobook reader and it seems to work fine. It's definitely specific to the Apple Book app.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2023 4:12 AM in response to kjkato

I have the same problem after my recent update to 17.1.1. I play audiobooks exclusively on the app. The book will start playing after a slight lag and then it will stop and start several times and then totally stop working. Also, the phone gets very warm very quickly with the app running. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app several times with no help. I downloaded an alternate audiobook reader and it seems to work fine. It's definitely specific to the Apple Book app.

Apple Book app not functioning after is 17.1.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.