two pop ups appeared. One from “Macso-supp-action.com”

Received two pop ups on a new tab when trying to update a Microsoft password.

“Pop up macso-supp-action.com says

Attention!

MacOS Security Center has identified that your system is under threat. Please scan your MacOS as soon as possible to avoid more damage.

Don’t leave this page until you have undertaken all the suggested steps by authorised Antivirus.”

A second Security Alert pop up on same page says:

”You have just visited multiple infected websites

Your MacOS is at risk of being infected by viruses

To continue browsing safely - click Scan below to run Antivirus”

I assume these are scams and I should delete the tab. I have Norton Antivirus and this doesn’t appear to be connected. Do I have something going on that does need to be checked?

MacBook Air 15″, macOS 14.1

Posted on Nov 16, 2023 7:19 PM

2 replies

Nov 16, 2023 7:33 PM in response to Akquestion

I assume these are scams and I should delete the tab.

Correct.

If you need to change your password for a Microsoft product, navigate on your own to the particular Microsoft product support page or website. Never use Google to find it. It sounds as though you simply followed a link to a scam website, which is a common result when you use Google. The majority its search results will be scams.

Read Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support:

I have Norton Antivirus ...

Uninstall it. It's not doing you any good. Same caveat applies. Follow its uninstallation instructions. Don't use Google to find out how to uninstall things. You'll just invite more scams.

two pop ups appeared. One from “Macso-supp-action.com”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.