Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

How can you make a call between your own iPhone and iPad?

Hello, 

how can you make a videocall between your own iPhone and iPad? I would like to leave my iPad at

home so my children can videocall with me using FaceTime. I have setup FaceTime

both on iPhone and iPad but I'm unable to make a call between my 2 devices. I'm using my own mobile number to make the call but nothing happens. Tried calling from iPhone to iPad and vice versa, nothing seems to work.

Many thanks,

Jean

iPhone 6, iOS 11

Posted on Nov 18, 2023 4:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2023 5:53 AM

you can't unless they have different appleIDs as you call the appleID not the physical device, so it would be you calling yourself

maybe other video chat apps that rely on another account then the appleID would work like skype or viper or zoom or something like that would work if different accounts was put on the 2 devices

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2023 5:53 AM in response to janlho

you can't unless they have different appleIDs as you call the appleID not the physical device, so it would be you calling yourself

maybe other video chat apps that rely on another account then the appleID would work like skype or viper or zoom or something like that would work if different accounts was put on the 2 devices

How can you make a call between your own iPhone and iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.