Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Why won’t my app tracking turn on while I’m signed in it will only turn on if I sign out of my Apple ID

App tracking will not stay on unless I am signed out of my appleID

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 18, 2023 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2023 5:32 AM

That sounds like an unusual issue. App tracking settings are typically controlled through your device's privacy settings. There might be a few reasons why this is happening:

1. App-Specific Issue: Certain apps might have their settings that conflict with the device settings. Check if there's a specific app causing the problem by turning off app tracking for each app individually.
  2. Apple ID Sync Issue: It's unusual for the Apple ID sign-in to affect app tracking settings directly. However, signing out and signing back into your Apple ID might refresh certain settings or permissions. Try signing out and signing back in again to see if it makes a difference.
  3. Privacy Restrictions: Your Apple ID settings or restrictions might be affecting app tracking. Go to Settings > Privacy > Tracking and ensure that "Allow Apps to Request to Track" is turned on.
  4. Contact Apple Support: If none of the above solutions work, it might be worth reaching out to Apple Support. They can provide more specific guidance and troubleshoot the issue further.

Remember to ensure that you're comfortable with the app tracking settings you choose. Your privacy and control over your data are important!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2023 5:32 AM in response to B_tch

That sounds like an unusual issue. App tracking settings are typically controlled through your device's privacy settings. There might be a few reasons why this is happening:

1. App-Specific Issue: Certain apps might have their settings that conflict with the device settings. Check if there's a specific app causing the problem by turning off app tracking for each app individually.
  2. Apple ID Sync Issue: It's unusual for the Apple ID sign-in to affect app tracking settings directly. However, signing out and signing back into your Apple ID might refresh certain settings or permissions. Try signing out and signing back in again to see if it makes a difference.
  3. Privacy Restrictions: Your Apple ID settings or restrictions might be affecting app tracking. Go to Settings > Privacy > Tracking and ensure that "Allow Apps to Request to Track" is turned on.
  4. Contact Apple Support: If none of the above solutions work, it might be worth reaching out to Apple Support. They can provide more specific guidance and troubleshoot the issue further.

Remember to ensure that you're comfortable with the app tracking settings you choose. Your privacy and control over your data are important!

Nov 21, 2023 4:50 PM in response to SravanKrA

I’ve been on the phone with Apple support and still haven’t figured out why my app tracking only turns on when I’m signed out… my phone is saying that my age info is missing from my Apple ID but it shows it’s there on my phone as well as the appleID website, additionally the phone is not managed, nor a work phone and I’m well over the age requirement… what do I have to do to get this issue resolved ? Thanks in advance for any and all help or advice

Why won’t my app tracking turn on while I’m signed in it will only turn on if I sign out of my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.