Slept with my Iphone 14 pro max under my pillow

So I accidentally fell asleep for 10 hours with my phone face up under my pillow because i forgot i left it there.

When i woke up i realised my head was directly above the part of the pillow where my iphone was.

There was no physical damage as far as i can see and it wasn’t charging so it wasn’t hot at all.

My iphone had a screen protector and casing on, and works fine so far. My bed and pillow were pretty soft too🤔

My concern is whether or not this has done any damage to the phone’s pressure sensitivity or touch sensitivity?

Sorry for the odd question, just my OCD acting up🥺

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 18, 2023 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2023 9:08 AM

Sleeping with your iPhone under your pillow shouldn't cause any damage to the screen, or its touch/pressure sensitivity. Your phone should be working completely normally.

I also sleep with my phone under my pillow and I haven't experienced any issues in doing that.

9 replies

Nov 18, 2023 10:41 AM in response to zzane

Hello~ Not entirely true as you could actually break the screen and injure yourself. You should not make a habit of sleeping on or with your iPhone…period. You could hit the screen multiple times and lock yourself out which is disastrous for those that don’t backup their devices. We can’t make sweeping statements here. Weird things happen. You should have your iPhone charging overnight and in a safe way.

~Katana-San~

Nov 18, 2023 12:10 PM in response to zzane

zzane wrote:

There is no way that sleeping on your phone should change anything, even without a pillow your phone should be mainly okay, thanks for reaching out.

Actually, there is. If the phone was plugged in, it could overheat. From the article Katana-San linked to above:

Use common sense to avoid situations where your skin is in contact with a device, its power adapter, or a wireless charger when it’s operating or connected to a power source for long periods of time. For example, don’t sleep on a device, power adapter, or wireless charger, or place them under a blanket, pillow, or your body, when it’s connected to a power source. Keep your iPhone, the power adapter, and any wireless charger in a well-ventilated area when in use or charging. 

Doing so once probably won't hurt anything but one should not make a habit of it.

Slept with my Iphone 14 pro max under my pillow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.