My Face ID is not working what can I do

my Face ID is not working what can I do

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 18, 2023 10:55 AM

2 replies

Nov 18, 2023 1:41 PM in response to Chizzybiionx

Hello,

Apple has several documents helping you with Face ID.

This Support article is specific to seeing a 'disabled' Face ID alert, and explains what to do when you see that notice or an issue with the TrueDepth camera. --> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Unless a software update solves the problem you may need to have Apple take a look at your device. Use this link to set up an appointment —> Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple and this one to get a repair estimate —> iPhone Repair & Service - Apple Support

If you don't see a 'disabled' message but do have general issues with Face ID not working properly, explore the list of things to try in this document: If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If the first 8 don't solve the issue then use #9, contact Apple.

By the way, marking your own post as "Best answer" will usually result in nobody replying to your question because we will think you have already found a solution and might not even bother looking at your question.

My Face ID is not working what can I do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.