iMac G3 1999 - Orange Light

Hello Everyone!

Currently my iMac 1999 Tangerine has an orange light and the fan spins but I can't hear the hard drive either do the USB ports charge my phone? I can't hear no chime or beeping to say there is a problem.

I have taken your suggestions on and have opened it to get to the PSU I tested it with my multimeter and all the caps look to be in good condition and F901 is at 0 which is normal. I have tested the connections of the cable which go from the PSU to the motherboard board and all the connections line up with my multimeter. Some people suggested to try different RAM, I sadly don't have any spare RAM but I was told to swap it round as the bottom one takes priority. This still didn't solve my problem, I am willing to buy new RAM to fix the problem. I have done the CUDA reset and have also replaced the battery as the last one was dead.

I am open to any recommendations and suggestions as I would love to get it working as the iMac is in immaculate connection.

Thanks in advance, Oliver. 😊

Posted on Nov 19, 2023 3:36 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

iMac G3 1999 - Orange Light

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.