You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop my iPhone ringing on my Mac without disabling the feature of making and receiving calls?

When I search for how to disable ringing on my Mac the answers are always to turn off calls from iPhone in Facetime. This is a nuke from space answer, there's got to be a better answer than this. I don't want to disable the ability to make and receive calls on my mac, I want to stop the ring tone from blaring through my Airpods and making me go deaf. Seeing the notification on the screen and having my actual phone do the ringing is enough.

So, how to I stop the RINGING, not the feature on my Mac?

MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on Nov 20, 2023 6:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2023 10:53 AM

Ibanez1998 wrote:

When I search for how to disable ringing on my Mac the answers are always to turn off calls from iPhone in Facetime. This is a nuke from space answer, there's got to be a better answer than this. I don't want to disable the ability to make and receive calls on my mac, I want to stop the ring tone from blaring through my Airpods and making me go deaf. Seeing the notification on the screen and having my actual phone do the ringing is enough.

What happens if you set Do not Disturb on your Mac?

Turn a Focus on or off on Mac

You can use the mute sound button?

If your iPhone and Mac are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, they’re both logged into the same iCloud account, and FaceTime is enabled, any call coming through to your iPhone will also connect to your Mac.

So an incoming call will appear on your Mac, even if your iPhone is set to Do Not Disturb.

From the iPhone you can turn off "Other devices" iPhone>Settings>Cellular

and turn it on as needed.

beyond that you can submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 20, 2023 10:53 AM in response to Ibanez1998

Ibanez1998 wrote:

What happens if you set Do not Disturb on your Mac?

Turn a Focus on or off on Mac

You can use the mute sound button?

If your iPhone and Mac are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, they’re both logged into the same iCloud account, and FaceTime is enabled, any call coming through to your iPhone will also connect to your Mac.

So an incoming call will appear on your Mac, even if your iPhone is set to Do Not Disturb.

From the iPhone you can turn off "Other devices" iPhone>Settings>Cellular

and turn it on as needed.

beyond that you can submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

How do I stop my iPhone ringing on my Mac without disabling the feature of making and receiving calls?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.