Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iPhone 15 pro picture quality issue

I have recently bought an iPhone 15 pro.

Its taking great pictures.

But when I share the pictures with my friends through whatsapp or any other social media like facebook or instagram, they appear dull.

Its not that other devices are not iPhones or the settings in the other devices are not right, its the pics which are itself dull.

Not sure whats the issue, it seems pics only look great in its own device but actually they are not so great, that feels like a bit off, as I feel I am taking a great picture but actually I am not.

Is there a solution to it?

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 20, 2023 7:48 PM

9 replies

Nov 20, 2023 10:36 PM in response to Ankan15

Most often this is because those apps will accept high resolution, HDR photos but will resample them to lower resolution, SDR format.

That isn't an Apple vs. non-Apple issue, it's a design choice made by those sites.

For example, Facebook will automatically downsample any posted image with a resolution of more than 2048 pixels on the long side whether you post from an iPhone, an Android or upload a photo from your computer.

Nov 20, 2023 11:09 PM in response to Dogcow-Moof

That makes sense, but then what about another iphone in which i am seeing the pics, I assume the settings are identical.

But still i am seeing the pics not as great as i am seeing it in my own iphone.

Somehow i feel that my phone doing an after processing of the pic which it is not able to send to other devices or media.

Let me know your thoughts

iPhone 15 pro picture quality issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.