AirPods Pro recall: How to check replacement eligibility

I am wondering my AipPods Pro can get a recall? How can I get that information without visiting app store?

AirPods (1st generation)

Posted on Nov 20, 2023 10:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2024 3:05 AM

I know how to find the serial number. That’s how I found out when they were manufactured. I want to know if there is a way to know for sure I can get them replaced/fixed before driving all the way to an Apple Store. It’s not close. Thanks.

5 replies

Nov 20, 2023 11:16 PM in response to taekkyoung

taekkyoung Said:

"AirPods Pro recall: How to check replacement eligibility: I am wondering my AipPods Pro can get a recall? How can I get that information without visiting app store?"

-------

Getting Faulty AirPods Replaced:

Aside from an Apple Store, you can visit an Apple Authorized Service Provider to see abut the swapout.

1. Go Here: AirPods Pro Service Program for Sound Issues - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: "Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider will service the affected AirPods Pro (left, right or both), free of charge."
  3. As it Reads: "Affected units were manufactured before October 2020."

Apr 11, 2024 8:45 PM in response to TigerlilyMoonflower

TigerlilyMoonflower Said:

"What if I don’t live near a certified location or a store. I just want to look up the recall with the serial number. Or rather look up if mine was in the affected years. It’s a long drive to an Apple Store and I might not get the help I need. Thanks."

-------

Finding AirPods Serial Number:

Go Here: Find the Serial Number of your AirPods - Apple Support

AirPods Pro recall: How to check replacement eligibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.