Security Questions

I am unable to remember my security questions and to unlock my account. Is there someone who has encountered this problem and was able to resolve this issue? How can I set new security questions?

MacBook Air (2018 – 2020)

Posted on Nov 21, 2023 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2023 6:53 AM

You can try the directions in this support article If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions - Apple Support

but note that the article is labeled "archived" and may contain information that is out of date.

If you cannot reset the security questions then realize that several years ago Apple transitioned to using to two factor authentication instead of security questions. Apple has since been persistently encouraging users to switch to the newer security system and your next recourse may be to try to change to two factor authentication as outlined in this article --> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support Follow the instructions in the section "Turn on two-factor authentication for your Apple ID"

If that does not work, contact Apple ID account security using the information in this document --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2023 6:53 AM in response to WahinePua44

You can try the directions in this support article If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions - Apple Support

but note that the article is labeled "archived" and may contain information that is out of date.

If you cannot reset the security questions then realize that several years ago Apple transitioned to using to two factor authentication instead of security questions. Apple has since been persistently encouraging users to switch to the newer security system and your next recourse may be to try to change to two factor authentication as outlined in this article --> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support Follow the instructions in the section "Turn on two-factor authentication for your Apple ID"

If that does not work, contact Apple ID account security using the information in this document --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Security Questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.