M series air horizontal lines on screen is a known defect.

faulty display, i bought this last november and of course this happens when i lose 1 year warranty. not impressed, won't buy apple ever again. it's not the wallpaper, it's on every website, movies, amazon, ETC. i can't believe apple hasn't recalled these. i've seen tons of other threads where people have had this problem.

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 21, 2023 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2023 1:59 PM

Hi I had this happen to my own device. The computer is in pristine condition no damage and they showed up. If you know for sure your MBA has not had any physical damage. Call Apple again and ask to speak wiith a Senior Advisor. If they give you pushback ask to speak with a Supervisor and tell them your device is undamaged - never dropped or exposed to h20 or had anythingdropped on it. They will set up an exception for the repair OOW.

Of course if the device was dropped then disregard. I hope this helps.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2023 1:59 PM in response to Community User

Hi I had this happen to my own device. The computer is in pristine condition no damage and they showed up. If you know for sure your MBA has not had any physical damage. Call Apple again and ask to speak wiith a Senior Advisor. If they give you pushback ask to speak with a Supervisor and tell them your device is undamaged - never dropped or exposed to h20 or had anythingdropped on it. They will set up an exception for the repair OOW.

Of course if the device was dropped then disregard. I hope this helps.

Nov 21, 2023 2:48 PM in response to DanaB10

Just got off the phone and indeed, the first advisor gave me a hassle. The senior advisor gave me the one-time exception once i take it to the apple store tomorrow. just wanted people to know it is a defect.

M series air horizontal lines on screen is a known defect.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.