Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

which car charger to use for iPhone 15 pro, 256mb?

Just purchased a new iPhone 15 pro, but do not know what car charger to purchase for it. I have an older car, so need to plug into lighter socket of car. Apple store shows 3 different ones with different wattage...how do I know which to use or what's best to use if I purchase at Best Buy? I don't want to mess anything up with this new phone!

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 22, 2023 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2023 9:47 AM

No real issue with different wattages.

The iPhone cannot be overcharged.

Just buy a good quality one. Belkin, Anker, UGreen, all good reliable brands. Wattage is not really a consideration. 18 or greater is fine. Fast Charging can be had with more than 20 watts. But will not be any faster with more watts beyond 25 or so.

You will want a USB-C charger, if only to avoid having to buy an extra adapter.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2023 9:47 AM in response to Tamlouie

No real issue with different wattages.

The iPhone cannot be overcharged.

Just buy a good quality one. Belkin, Anker, UGreen, all good reliable brands. Wattage is not really a consideration. 18 or greater is fine. Fast Charging can be had with more than 20 watts. But will not be any faster with more watts beyond 25 or so.

You will want a USB-C charger, if only to avoid having to buy an extra adapter.

which car charger to use for iPhone 15 pro, 256mb?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.