In Keynote - Export as GIF-animation doesn't work as i used to

Does anyone know what has happened to the "export as GIF-animation"-feature? Earlier I have made the most beautiful GIF's. Now when I try to make a GIF using the exact same mp4 files, it looks totally insane. It is moving all too fast and the colors shifts to something like a cartoon 😧 . I've searched through the Help, but can't find anything. Here you can see an old and a new example of the same film:

Old example New example

PS: I run Ventura 13.6.1 on an iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 22, 2023 1:34 PM

3 replies

Dec 11, 2023 4:53 PM in response to Dittelit

I looked at the before and after. That is frustrating. I'm running Sonoma 14.1.2 on a 24 inch M1 iMac so that may have affected my results.

I couldn't reproduce the problem on my equipment, but this might help narrow down the problem.

I made a live action MP4 clip. I inserted the MP4 clip into a slide in a Keynote file. I then exported the file as a GIF set to Extra Large with 24 fps. It played okay but was a little clunky and chunky since it is a GIF.

Instead of a live action video, I inserted a MP4 clip of a cartoon animation I made in Keynote. I put it into a slide in a Keynote file.

I then exported the file as a GIF set to Extra Large with 24 fps. It looked okay and played at its original rate, which is 24 fps.

I hope this helps you narrow down the problem.

In Keynote - Export as GIF-animation doesn't work as i used to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.