After upgrading to iPhone Pro Google sign-in issue on Safari

I change my XS with 15 pro max and now every time when I am trying to open safari (I use google browser) I am asked to sign in to my google account

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 22, 2023 10:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2023 10:33 PM

Gore_VL Said:

"open safari: I change my XS with 15 pro max and now every time when I am trying to open safari (I use google browser) I am asked to sign in to my google account"

-------

Set Safari as Default Browser:

Seems Google Chrome has become your default browser. So, change it to Safari: Change the Default Web Browser or eMail App on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2023 10:33 PM in response to Gore_VL

Gore_VL Said:

"open safari: I change my XS with 15 pro max and now every time when I am trying to open safari (I use google browser) I am asked to sign in to my google account"

-------

Set Safari as Default Browser:

Seems Google Chrome has become your default browser. So, change it to Safari: Change the Default Web Browser or eMail App on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Nov 23, 2023 9:37 AM in response to Gore_VL

Gore_VL Said:

already did it but, what I didn't saw was the fact, I was in private mode on safari! My bad! I change the private mode and now it works! Thank you for your time! When I open settings for browser, google was my default browser.

———-

Excellent job troubleshooting!

Thanks for spreading the word! It will help many, for certain.

After upgrading to iPhone Pro Google sign-in issue on Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.