Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How to disable group messages

Hello. I’d like to disable group messaging so that messages are not received in group chat or single message group responses. I’ve turned off group chat, however messages from that group are still being received individually by members of groups. Can anyone help?

Posted on Nov 25, 2023 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2023 8:02 AM

Is there a way to stop messages from groups being sent altogether? Seems impractical to have the option of turning off group messaging if the group messages are going to still be sent individually. Why would anyone prefer to receive group messages this way?

7 replies

Nov 28, 2023 12:03 PM in response to ifoneused77

Due to the last bug filled update, there is no group message toggle option. I have an iPhone SE, my husband an iphone X. The update caused the removal of group messaging toggle in my phone, but not in his. He has done all the updates and continues to have the group message toggle. I now do not think that it was an intentional removal, I think it is a glitch that randomly affects. Perhaps with the next update, things will smooth out. It is not a feature that they would knowingly remove. It makes no sense that they would.

How to disable group messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.