Battery health in iphone 14

I bought my new phone from currys, in April 2023. It always was at 100% but now (november) that i checked it it has gone to 98%. I have read some other people with similar questions and i cant help but worry that 98 may be too fast before I even close a year with my phone.

One extra question, if i ever need/want to change the battery, do I do this for free and if not, how much would it usually cost?

iPhone 14

Posted on Nov 25, 2023 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2023 4:53 PM

Your iPhone is doing GREAT. Batteries are consumable parts and with every full cycle battery charge its health will decline, little by little. Generally speaking, a decline of 1 - 2% per month of ownership is normal and expected. So a drop of only 2% in nearly 8 months is FANTASTIC.

And no, when the day comes when your battery health declines to 80% or less, it will not be replaced for free. You can see what the cost will be here --> iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

As you can see, in the US, the cost is $89.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2023 4:53 PM in response to loukia_1004

Your iPhone is doing GREAT. Batteries are consumable parts and with every full cycle battery charge its health will decline, little by little. Generally speaking, a decline of 1 - 2% per month of ownership is normal and expected. So a drop of only 2% in nearly 8 months is FANTASTIC.

And no, when the day comes when your battery health declines to 80% or less, it will not be replaced for free. You can see what the cost will be here --> iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

As you can see, in the US, the cost is $89.

Nov 25, 2023 4:49 PM in response to loukia_1004

Apple iPhone 14 battery replacement done by Apple in the UK is £ 95. See: iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement – Apple Support (UK)

2% decline in 7 months doesn't seem too bad to me. Replacement isn't normally done until it reaches 80%. Also see the following from the same support article:

We can replace your iPhone battery for a service fee. Our warranty doesn’t cover batteries that wear down from normal use. Your iPhone is eligible for a battery replacement at no additional cost if you have AppleCare+ and your product’s battery holds less than 80 per cent of its original capacity.

Battery health in iphone 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.