Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How do I Unlock iPhone password without Computer?

I possess an iPhone, but unfortunately, I have forgotten my password. I am well aware that usually, one can resolve this by connecting the device to a computer and utilizing iTunes to unlock it. However, in my current circumstances, I lack access to a computer. Consequently, I'm at a loss as to how I can regain access to my iPhone.

Are there any trustworthy methods to unlock an iPhone password without relying on a computer?

iPhone 15

Posted on Nov 27, 2023 1:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2024 12:36 AM

First up, if you've set up "Find My iPhone" on your device, you're in luck. You can use another device, like a friend's phone or a tablet, to go to the Find My website or use the Find My app. From there, you can erase your iPhone which removes the password but also wipes the device. It's a bit drastic, but it'll get you back into your phone. Just make sure you know your Apple ID and password to set it up again and restore any data from iCloud if you've got a backup.

If that's not an option or doesn't work for you, your next best bet is to reach out to sysgeeker Support. They might have some solutions for you to try.

See it here: https://www.sysgeeker.com/blog/how-to-unlock-iphone-if-i-forgot-passcode.html

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2024 12:36 AM in response to csiv5bisyc

First up, if you've set up "Find My iPhone" on your device, you're in luck. You can use another device, like a friend's phone or a tablet, to go to the Find My website or use the Find My app. From there, you can erase your iPhone which removes the password but also wipes the device. It's a bit drastic, but it'll get you back into your phone. Just make sure you know your Apple ID and password to set it up again and restore any data from iCloud if you've got a backup.

If that's not an option or doesn't work for you, your next best bet is to reach out to sysgeeker Support. They might have some solutions for you to try.

See it here: https://www.sysgeeker.com/blog/how-to-unlock-iphone-if-i-forgot-passcode.html

Mar 7, 2024 2:28 AM in response to csiv5bisyc

With iOS 15.2 or later, Apple introduced a feature that allows you to reset your iPhone and erase it using another iPhone nearby if you forget your passcode. This method requires physical access to another iPhone. In this way, you can unlock iPhone password without computer for sure. Here is the steps:

1. Bring the two iPhones close to each other.
  2. You should see an option on the locked iPhone's screen offering to reset it using the other iPhone.
  3. Follow the instructions on the screen to reset the locked iPhone.

This method is intended to make it easier to recover from a forgotten passcode situation, but it still requires you to erase all data on the device.

Nov 27, 2023 4:40 AM in response to csiv5bisyc

To unlock your iPhone, follow the steps described in the Apple article:

(< iOS 15.2) -> If you forgot your iPhone passcode

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

(iOS 15.2 and newer) you don’t need to have a computer -> If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

Temporarily use your old passcode when you forget your new passcode on iPhone or iPad

Temporarily use your old passcode when you forget your new passcode on iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

• In iOS 17, iPadOS 17, and later, Passcode Reset helps you maintain access to your phone if you forget your new passcode.

Or see:

Mar 6, 2024 6:59 PM in response to csiv5bisyc

To erase your iPhone and remove the password without using a computer, follow these steps:

Turn off your iPhone by holding down the Power button until the "slide to power off" slider appears. Slide it to power off your device.

Press and hold the Home button on your iPhone while connecting it to a power source using a USB cable. Keep holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen.

Once you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen, release the Home button.

Launch iTunes on a computer that you have previously synced your iPhone with.

iTunes should automatically detect your device in recovery mode and prompt you to restore it to its original factory settings.

Follow the on-screen instructions to restore your iPhone. This will erase all data and settings on your device and remove the password.

Note: This method is the last resort, as it will erase all your data and settings on your iPhone. However, it is the only way to regain access to your device without a computer.

Mar 19, 2024 12:41 AM in response to csiv5bisyc

Another route is if you're already backed up to iCloud and don't mind erasing your iPhone to start fresh. You can attempt to erase your iPhone directly from the lock screen, depending on your iOS version. On some iOS versions, after entering the wrong passcode a few times, you'll get an "Erase iPhone" option in the bottom corner of the lock screen. This lets you reset it right from there, no computer needed. But again, this option wipes your data.

How do I Unlock iPhone password without Computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.