renewal receipts

I have always had Renewal Receipts enabled but have not been receiving them. My son downloaded some Apps 6 weeks ago that renew weekly that I knew nothing about. £80 out of pocket as Apple only refunded half. They have said not eligible for the rest but I cannot see anyway of making a complaint. If they haven't provided me a renewal receipt alerting me to the charges as per process then I should be entitled to a refund.

Posted on Nov 27, 2023 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2023 7:39 AM

Is your son on a Family Sharing plan? Instead of relying on a renewal receipt, it may be best to use the Ask to Buy option in Family Sharing to monitor his purchases. If not part of a Family Sharing plan, then you would want to control the spending only by adding money to his account when you want to and not give him your billing information.

Relying on a renewal receipt may not be the best option if your son has access to shut it off or delete the email after it has been sent.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2023 7:39 AM in response to DGilbert38

Is your son on a Family Sharing plan? Instead of relying on a renewal receipt, it may be best to use the Ask to Buy option in Family Sharing to monitor his purchases. If not part of a Family Sharing plan, then you would want to control the spending only by adding money to his account when you want to and not give him your billing information.

Relying on a renewal receipt may not be the best option if your son has access to shut it off or delete the email after it has been sent.

Nov 27, 2023 7:55 AM in response to DGilbert38

I understand and don't know why you were not notified. He should definitely have his own Apple ID and there are several protections in place for a child account. To get you started on this approach here are 2 Support Articles to help you set up a child account and set up Family Sharing to monitor his behavior and what he is allowed to do.

Get an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

renewal receipts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.