iPhone 13 leaking battery acid

Long story short, I fell and dropped my phone. I broke the glass on the back you couldn’t see something black, but nothing was leaking and months went by I got a case which is pretty much holding back together today I noticed something dripping from my phone case and it’s a clear liquid I did some googling but I’m not entirely sure but I’ve concluded it’s some sort of battery acid, I was wondering if anyone has had this happened before and if so, how long did your phone live afterwards?

money is tight !

Posted on Nov 27, 2023 6:15 PM

3 replies

Nov 27, 2023 6:39 PM in response to kiersten216

Stop using that iPhone immediately and get it evaluated at an Apple Store or authorized repair facility. You do not want to be carrying a damaged lithium ion battery around.

Just because one, ten, or a hundred other people say their iPhone kept working after battery damage, does not mean yours will as well. The "failure mode" of damaged lithium ion batteries ranges from charging failure to spontaneous combustion without warning, with not much in-between.

iPhone 13 leaking battery acid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.