Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Final Cut Pro Bluray Exporting Error

Continuously getting the error message: "Could not create the disc (Invalid Format, The video file is not compatible with the selected disc format.)" every time I try and export my video into a AVCHD format.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Nov 27, 2023 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2023 11:28 PM

Start by deleting FCP preferences. To delete preferences, hold down command and option while starting FCP X and click Delete Preferences. The application will start in a default state, and open an "Untitled" library. Reopen the library you were working on, set the preferences the way you like them, and try again.

If the problem persists:

Please give more details, including your OS version, FCP version, and information about your project and media.

Does your project export in other formats?

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2023 11:28 PM in response to Why_Aiden

Start by deleting FCP preferences. To delete preferences, hold down command and option while starting FCP X and click Delete Preferences. The application will start in a default state, and open an "Untitled" library. Reopen the library you were working on, set the preferences the way you like them, and try again.

If the problem persists:

Please give more details, including your OS version, FCP version, and information about your project and media.

Does your project export in other formats?

Nov 28, 2023 4:58 PM in response to Why_Aiden

It's been the go-to troubleshooting first step for FCP for as long as I can remember. When FCP crashes or becomes unhappy about something, its preferences can be corrupted which in turn can cause the app to behave strangely. I don't know why FCP preferences are so brittle but it's an easy process to reset them.

Final Cut Pro Bluray Exporting Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.