Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opening Multiple iTunes Libraries at Once

I was wondering if there was a way to have multiple iTunes Libraries open simultaneously? For example, if I wanted to view two websites at the same time I would just open a new window, thus having the two sites side-by-side. Is there a way to do the same thing with my iTunes Library, either thru Apple or after market, so that I can create and compare different libraries without having to close out of one before opening another?

Thanks for any help, and sorry if this has been asked before...

powerbook g4, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Aug 22, 2010 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2010 11:00 AM

Hi, welcome to Apple Discussions.

No, iTunes doesn't have a multiple document interface for the library database. You can however get it to open a separate window on a playlist so you can compare one playlist to another. If you want to view separate libraries at the same time host one on a virtual machine, a second physical machine with remote access or put two machines side-by-side.

tt2
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2010 11:00 AM in response to AderKa

Hi, welcome to Apple Discussions.

No, iTunes doesn't have a multiple document interface for the library database. You can however get it to open a separate window on a playlist so you can compare one playlist to another. If you want to view separate libraries at the same time host one on a virtual machine, a second physical machine with remote access or put two machines side-by-side.

tt2

Opening Multiple iTunes Libraries at Once

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.