Uber and Lyft apps on the Apple Watch

I am wondering when Apple is going to put the Lyft and Uber apps back on the Apple watches, I got that watch just for the purpose of being able to order an Uber or Lyft when I’m downtown and I don’t have my phone on me. It was a waste of money since you got rid of it I want it back on there, a lot of people do.

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 9

Posted on Nov 28, 2023 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2023 2:28 PM

Uber and Lyft pulled their apps from WatchOS, not Apple. Likely it was due to not enough usage to justify the ongoing development costs, it is a huge bummer though. The idea of going out for a drink to catch up with some friends without bringing my phone and still being able to get there and home is very appealing.

7 replies

Dec 18, 2023 2:42 PM in response to Elway2570

Chaotic_arts is right. You can read about it here:

Why isn't Lyft on Apple Watch?

Lyft has been out of this game since 2018. Perhaps it's a case where the form factor just isn't the right match for the service. The Apple Watch app provided barebones ride-hailing functionality, with more advanced options like splitting fares and sharing an ETA reserved for the full mobile app.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/1/10/22877023/uber-apple-watch-app-discontinued

Why isn't the Uber app available on the Apple Watch?

We no longer support the Apple Watch app. Please use the Uber mobile app to request rides. We're sorry for any inconvenience.

https://help.uber.com/riders/article/apple-watch-update-?nodeId=422dc6de-b55e-476b-b977-a9cee3b31897

It's always best to do your homework before purchasing a device.

Jan 31, 2024 11:48 AM in response to Elway2570

This feature absolutely saved my bacon on several occasions when my phone had died on global travel and it is sorely missed. There was a brief magical moment when my watch plus AirPods were full replacement for carrying my phone.

I’m sure it’s a combo of Apple being Apple and Uber deciding it wasn’t worth fighting the fight but this one thing keeps me from recommending to people to get the cellular version of the Apple Watch.

Feb 19, 2024 7:56 PM in response to Elway2570

I practice English horse riding in both, morning and late afternoon some times weekly. I need to call Lyft for transportation back and forth. I can have my phone in the zip pocket of my breeches but Apple Watch is more handy and safer. Particularly when I have to carry my helmet too. Lyft takes up quite an amount of battery energy and it requires its app to be constantly on screen. But it is feasible for Apple to continue the function and have improvement of its Apple Watch. Besides, it saves my hands with reminder and other vital functions.

Uber and Lyft apps on the Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.