Make the Grid Invisible in Numbers?

Hi, I would like to make the grid invisible so when you make a table, by putting lines on the grid, only the lines you put on are visible when you print it. Is this possible? I need to see the grid on screen to make the table but when I print it I just want the table I’ve made. Not the whole grid. I hope that makes sense! I’ve attached an image of my table. Thanks for any help.

iMac 24″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Nov 29, 2023 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2023 8:18 AM

Select which border "to paint" and then No Border. It is not possible to see lines on screen but not print them, but you could select a very very small width and a pale color that the printer cannot handle.

I'd suggest shrinking your table to only the necessary part, i.e. rows 1-19 and columns A-F. The rest is distracting for nothing.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2023 8:18 AM in response to Gareth_Apple96

Select which border "to paint" and then No Border. It is not possible to see lines on screen but not print them, but you could select a very very small width and a pale color that the printer cannot handle.

I'd suggest shrinking your table to only the necessary part, i.e. rows 1-19 and columns A-F. The rest is distracting for nothing.

Make the Grid Invisible in Numbers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.