Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Watch not sending resting calorie burn

So since watchOS 10, my resting calories in Health are way too low some days. I’ve determined that Apple Watch isn’t calculating resting energy the same way it has for… well, since I had Series 1.

I don’t track sleep, so I charge my watch overnight. When I wake up, I put it on quickly and I see that my total calorie burn takes into account while it was charging (an estimated resting burn). But now, only intermittently, it doesn’t calculate the data. It’s infuriating because that data feeds into all of my diet/fitness apps.

Below are examples of good days and incorrect days. On the “normal” day, you can see the last actual measurement at 00:41 when I took my watch off for bed. Every hour after that, it inputs estimated resting energy until I put my watch on again at 06:04 (yes, I know I don’t get enough sleep).

On the bad day, the last reading is 00:58 when I took my watch off for bed. There are no estimated burn inputs again until I put my watch on at 08:12.

The former example is how it’s always calculated, and it still does 5/7 days a week.

Does anyone have insight on why this might be or what I could try to fix it? I’ve restored, set up as new, and even gotten a new iPhone and Watch since it started and the issue persists.

Apple Watch Series 9

Posted on Nov 30, 2023 11:07 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Watch not sending resting calorie burn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.