Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Technical Problems with Trash.

I tried to delete these two files but they keep reappearing even after I had force deleted them. Tried a lot of things, but nothing works, these aliases keep appearing, and this is a true waste of storage. I already deleted the original file, and just backed up my files with time machine today, so can someone please help me with a solution?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.1

Posted on Nov 30, 2023 6:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2023 6:49 PM

2 replies

Dec 26, 2023 3:37 PM in response to Hung_damacuser

OK - this is going to sound to stupidly easy, you won't believe it. I have had the same issue - kept deleting, and the files (zero bytes) would keep bouncing back. I tried everything - rebooting, safe mode, Terminal deletes - nada.

Then I thought I would try something ridiculously basic. I put a new folder on the desktop, put some "stuff" in it that I didn't need, then dragged the files (6 of them) out of the trash into this new folder. I then deleted the folder, and then the trash. It's been half an hour, and they haven't bounced back!!!

Good luck - hope this works for you.

Technical Problems with Trash.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.