AirPods Pro 2gen fake vs original

Hi, I have original AirPods Pro 2gen 2023 USB-C and my friend bought fake AirPods Pro 2 gen 2023 lighting. I want to share photos of composition

[Edited by Moderator]

AirPods Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Nov 30, 2023 10:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2023 5:25 AM

Sorry, apparently you're not up to date. Someone buys original headphones, copies the whole chip bit into bit and uploads it to fake headphones. In this way, the iPhone detects these headphones as original and even shows that they are under the manufacturer's warranty. This is how whole batches of fake headphones with the serial numbers of the original pair are created

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2023 5:25 AM in response to TheLittles

Sorry, apparently you're not up to date. Someone buys original headphones, copies the whole chip bit into bit and uploads it to fake headphones. In this way, the iPhone detects these headphones as original and even shows that they are under the manufacturer's warranty. This is how whole batches of fake headphones with the serial numbers of the original pair are created

Nov 30, 2023 10:25 PM in response to JetroSliwko

JetroSliwko Said:

"AirPods Pro 2gen fake vs original: Hi, I have original AirPods Pro 2gen 2023 USB-C and my friend bought fake AirPods Pro 2 gen 2023 lighting. I want to share photos of composition"

-------

What makes you so certain they are fake?

Verifying Fake AirPods:

Find the serial number of your AirPods, and then enter it here: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support. If all shows up as AirPods Pro, then you are all set.

Nov 30, 2023 10:55 PM in response to TheLittles

The serial number along with the chip are copied from the original copy, so this method of verification is no longer valid.

The differences I noticed:

1. Faded print on the package
  2. ios instead of iOS
  3. the seal breaks off crookedly
  4. the instructions are clumsily cut
  5. the molding on the case in the box is plastic instead of cardboard
  6. The wrap around the cable is a simple tape
  7. the inscription on the back of the case is stretched and unclear
  8. inside the case there is an inscription informing about the battery capacity and input and output current (apple never does this)
  9. different and careless inscription on the handset
  10. different tip
  11. different mesh on the top of the earphone
  12. fewer functions in headphone settings
  13. microphone not working well
  14. in the app, find the headset name instead of AirPods Pro
  15. impression of shoddy workmanship and cheap materials

In my opinion, Apple should block all devices with the same serial numbers

Apr 11, 2024 6:47 AM in response to JetroSliwko

I think there is much easier way to find if it is authentic or not.

You have a production date and serial on a box. If you put serial in Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support you will see information when it was purchased. Something like this:

AirPods Pro (2nd generation)
Purchase Date: November 2023
Serial Number: F7QG6X014R

1. If the box is sealed, how it is possible to see purchase date info? That date is used for warranty and is set when you do first activation of the device. So until serial is not activated you should not see it. Correct me if I am wrong, I verified this with my iphone and mac. They both got purchase date when I did first activation of the device.
  2. If box is not sealed you can check production date on the box and compare it with purchase date. In my case scammer tried to sell me pods with production date of 12/2023 and purchase date 11/2023. Now explain how it is possible that the phone is bought before it is produced. ;)

Nov 30, 2023 11:00 PM in response to JetroSliwko

JetroSliwko Said:

"The serial number along with the chip are copied from the original copy, so this method of verification is no longer valid. [...]In my opinion, Apple should block all devices with the same serial numbers[...]"

-------

AirPods and Serial Numbers:

The AirPods themselves must be of the same Serial Number to be able to be paired and work. So, if you think these are ungenuine, then take this up with the seller, perhaps reporting it to Apple. As for Serial Numbers, Apple makes them all unique. So, something is up. See about returning these. If purchased on a Web Site (i.e. eBay or Amazon), then contact the site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable, and if you can get your money back).

Dec 1, 2023 10:22 AM in response to JetroSliwko

JetroSliwko Said:

"AirPods Pro 2gen fake vs original: […]In this way, the iPhone detects these headphones as original and even shows that they are under the manufacturer's warranty. This is how whole batches of fake headphones with the serial numbers of the original pair are created

———-

Troubleshooting Device Mismatch:

Being this is going through…

A Glitch in Apple's Device Database?

I would contact Apple Support, asking them if there is a glitch in their device database. You should not be getting this message, if purchased directly from Apple.

Apple Support Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :) 

AirPods Pro 2gen fake vs original

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.