Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

IOS 17.1.2 killed my cell service!?

I installed 17.1.2 earlier today on my iPhone SE 3rd gen. Immediately I lost the connection to my cell provider (3.co.uk). I checked Settings, Mobile Service, Mobile Data Network and saw that everything had been erased. I manually restored all the setting and was able to reconnect to my cell provider. But now, a hour or so later, all I get is “No Service”. I have rebooted the phone (power off) and checked that all the Mobile Data settings are in place. I removed and reinserted the SIM. All I get is “No Service”

Is this an undocumented feature of this new IOS??

iPhone SE, iOS 17

Posted on Dec 1, 2023 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2023 8:05 AM

Thank you for using the apple support community’s, it looks like your having a problem with your cell service company, I suggest power wiping your phone and if the issue persists you should contact you cell service company. If all else fails contact official apple support.

,zzane

12 replies

Dec 1, 2023 8:37 AM in response to zzane

zzane wrote:

Thank you for using the apple support community’s, it looks like your having a problem with your cell service company, I suggest power wiping your phone and if the issue persists you should contact you cell service company. If all else fails contact official apple support.

What does "power wiping" mean? I've never heard that term. Do you mean a forced restart? Do you mean restoring the phone to factory settings?

IOS 17.1.2 killed my cell service!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.