I forgot my Apple ID password and recovery key

I forgot my Apple ID password and recovery key.

Posted on Dec 1, 2023 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2023 7:08 PM

If you set up a recover key, the only way you will be able to access your account when you have forgotten your password is by entering the recovery key or resetting it with a trusted device. Here is the support article detailing the procedure:

Set up a recovery key for your Apple ID - Apple Support

Note that you will lose access to your account permanently without a recovery key or trusted device:

This gives you more control of your account recovery methods and can help prevent an attacker from gaining access to and taking control of your account. However, if you lose your recovery key and can’t access one of your trusted devices, you'll be locked out of your account permanently.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2023 7:08 PM in response to hidhi

If you set up a recover key, the only way you will be able to access your account when you have forgotten your password is by entering the recovery key or resetting it with a trusted device. Here is the support article detailing the procedure:

Set up a recovery key for your Apple ID - Apple Support

Note that you will lose access to your account permanently without a recovery key or trusted device:

This gives you more control of your account recovery methods and can help prevent an attacker from gaining access to and taking control of your account. However, if you lose your recovery key and can’t access one of your trusted devices, you'll be locked out of your account permanently.

I forgot my Apple ID password and recovery key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.