Pages app

I delete the pages apps on my iPhone and when I checked back at my files all my documents have vanished. As soon as I remember my pages app has been connected on iCloud but my documents have been saved on my device. Therefore I thought by deleting the pages app due to lack of storage it wouldn’t affect the documents saved on my device. Is there any chance I can restore my documents ? I have reinstalled the pages app but it didn’t restore the documents

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 2, 2023 4:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2023 7:51 AM

Deleting the Pages application on your iPhone should not have anything to do with deleting the individual Pages documents. If your Pages documents that disappeared were stored on and removed from iCloud Drive, you can retrieve them within 30 days by signing into iCloud and under its iCloud Settings panel, there is a Data Recovery menu item. When you click that, you will see a Retrieve files option and it will be searching for removed files to retrieve. It should have this appearance:

If you removed those Pages documents from the iPhone's local storage, then they may be really gone with no recovery option.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2023 7:51 AM in response to markos22

Deleting the Pages application on your iPhone should not have anything to do with deleting the individual Pages documents. If your Pages documents that disappeared were stored on and removed from iCloud Drive, you can retrieve them within 30 days by signing into iCloud and under its iCloud Settings panel, there is a Data Recovery menu item. When you click that, you will see a Retrieve files option and it will be searching for removed files to retrieve. It should have this appearance:

If you removed those Pages documents from the iPhone's local storage, then they may be really gone with no recovery option.

Pages app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.