Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

USB microphone and headphones with iPad pro

Hello ! I have an iPad Pro (2018) that I want to connect to my audio recording setup: a usb microphone (I use an USB-C cable) and headphones with a mini jack connector.

Alone, the microphone works perfectly with my iPad, but it doesn’t allow me to connect my headphones simultaneously.

I tried two adapters, the latest from Belkin https://www.belkin.com/3.5-mm-audio-charge-rockstar/P-F8J212.html

The microphone works well but my iPad doesn’t recognize the microphone.

What can I do to listen to the songs I’m recording?

iPad Pro (3rd generation)

Posted on Dec 2, 2023 4:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2023 5:17 AM

The Belkin adapter is designed to allow simultaneous connection of headphones and a power-source (such as your iPad's Power Adapter); it cannot be used to simultaneously connect headphones and other USB devices.

If your iPad has a USB-C port, you add multiple additional interfaces with a single adapter or USB Hub - where this was not previously possible with Lightning. 

There are many USB Hubs that have a USB-C connection for iPad plus a USB-C PD (Power Delivery) pass-through power connector to which you can connect your USB-C Power Adapter - along with the hub itself incorporating a combination of additional USB-C ports, USB 2.0/3.1 Type-A ports, Ethernet LAN, HDMI, VGA, SD and microSD card-readers - in in some cases, a 3.5mm analog audio/headphone jack.

Perhaps consider Kingston, Anker, Hyperdrive and Satechi - although there are many others from which to choose. A Google Search for USB-C Hubs compatible with iPad will find a number of articles and recommendations. 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2023 5:17 AM in response to Verpaalen

The Belkin adapter is designed to allow simultaneous connection of headphones and a power-source (such as your iPad's Power Adapter); it cannot be used to simultaneously connect headphones and other USB devices.

If your iPad has a USB-C port, you add multiple additional interfaces with a single adapter or USB Hub - where this was not previously possible with Lightning. 

There are many USB Hubs that have a USB-C connection for iPad plus a USB-C PD (Power Delivery) pass-through power connector to which you can connect your USB-C Power Adapter - along with the hub itself incorporating a combination of additional USB-C ports, USB 2.0/3.1 Type-A ports, Ethernet LAN, HDMI, VGA, SD and microSD card-readers - in in some cases, a 3.5mm analog audio/headphone jack.

Perhaps consider Kingston, Anker, Hyperdrive and Satechi - although there are many others from which to choose. A Google Search for USB-C Hubs compatible with iPad will find a number of articles and recommendations. 

USB microphone and headphones with iPad pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.