Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

should I worry about space when downloading amazon prime videos to ipad

When I download an amazon prime videos to my ipad, does it really get written to the actual device or to cloud? If I delete one, can I re-download it without having to buy it again? Is there a potential space problem?

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Dec 4, 2023 2:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2023 3:15 AM

Downloaded material will be saved to your iPad. Apps that are configured to synchronise with iCloud may also save a copy in iCloud storage - although for streaming/video Apps this is perhaps unlikely.

Unless rented for a limited period, licensed video downloads can usually be downloaded on-demand at a later date without additional charges.

Anything that you download will inevitably consume storage space. You will need to appropriately manage your saved data within the available storage of your device.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2023 3:15 AM in response to RW_Shropshire

Downloaded material will be saved to your iPad. Apps that are configured to synchronise with iCloud may also save a copy in iCloud storage - although for streaming/video Apps this is perhaps unlikely.

Unless rented for a limited period, licensed video downloads can usually be downloaded on-demand at a later date without additional charges.

Anything that you download will inevitably consume storage space. You will need to appropriately manage your saved data within the available storage of your device.

should I worry about space when downloading amazon prime videos to ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.