Missing paper sizes

A few months ago, after an iOS update on my iPad, the Epson printer paper sizes all disappeared except for the wrong one - A4. Why? How do I get them back? This has been so frustrating

• nothing about my network has changed
  • printer settings are fine from the epson app (which I don’t like), but not from iPad airprint
  • same a4 size is the only one available from every app and page, including photos
  • I’ve restarted everything several times
  • Location settings are appropriate

I’m so frustrated, all research yields the steps HOW to select paper size - so not helpful. How do I get all the paper sizes back so I can print again?

Posted on Dec 7, 2023 4:24 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Dec 7, 2023 6:07 PM in response to CeeTKay

Ok, thank you, the link is to the basic steps, we are well beyond that. As a result of the research and work I’ve done and noted, it isn’t the printer itself, firmware is up to date - it had to have been an os update on Apple’s end deprecating - it appears I will have to use the epson app and sacrifice being able to print 2 sided like I could through apple’s print option. So aggravating. Thanks for the input.

Dec 7, 2023 5:32 AM in response to CeeTKay

Start here:

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

When using AirPrint, the available print options - including page size - are advertised by your printer. When using the print dialogue on your iPad, you can only select from the advertised options.

Some printers can detect the media that is loaded in one or more of its paper trays, others may have settings that must be set from the printers controls, by accessing a built-in web server using a web browser, or using a companion App supplied by the printer manufacturer. By example, HP’s AirPrint printers can be managed using the HP Smart App; Epson have similar App(s).

Apple appears to have deprecated older versions of AirPrint in recent iOS/iPadOS updates - and as such, some older printer models may not be usable. Where applicable, you would be well advised to check for available firmware updates for your printer.

Missing paper sizes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.