"nbp.app” will damage your computer. You should move it to the Bin - screenshots from folder

Hi! I followed the instructions here:

About those "<app> will damage your… - Apple Community

To get rid of the ""nbp.app” will damage your computer. You should move it to the Bin - screenshots from folde"- pop up which does not disappear!

And am attaching the screenshots as suggested in the thread. I'd be incredibly thankful for any help on the matter and on which of my files in these three folders might me malware/causing this! Thanks! Julius

MacBook Pro (M2 Pro, 2023)

Posted on Dec 8, 2023 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2023 11:49 AM

jyr2001, it is difficult to work with truncated file names. As About those "<app> will damage your computer" messages - Apple Community explains,

Now, in each of those three windows, select View > as List or other selection that shows that folder's complete contents, including complete file names. Modify the column widths if necessary. Expanding the window's overall width so as to encompass the file's modification dates will help also, so please endeavor to do that.

With your understanding and acceptance that I will be working with incomplete information, please follow the instructions below. Otherwise, please review the above instructions and try again.

First, start your Mac in "Safe Mode": How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support. Starting in Safe Mode takes longer than usual so let it finish. First, start your Mac in "Safe Mode": How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support. Starting in Safe Mode takes longer than usual so let it finish.

While in that mode, drag the following files to the Trash:

Then, restart your Mac normally and confirm the alert messages cease to appear.

Next: Please be advised that non-Apple "drive manager" or "utility" products are never required on Macs. Using it and products like it have been known to cause spontaneous and unrecoverable disk erasure. Don't use such things.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2023 11:49 AM in response to jyr2001

jyr2001, it is difficult to work with truncated file names. As About those "<app> will damage your computer" messages - Apple Community explains,

Now, in each of those three windows, select View > as List or other selection that shows that folder's complete contents, including complete file names. Modify the column widths if necessary. Expanding the window's overall width so as to encompass the file's modification dates will help also, so please endeavor to do that.

With your understanding and acceptance that I will be working with incomplete information, please follow the instructions below. Otherwise, please review the above instructions and try again.

First, start your Mac in "Safe Mode": How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support. Starting in Safe Mode takes longer than usual so let it finish. First, start your Mac in "Safe Mode": How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support. Starting in Safe Mode takes longer than usual so let it finish.

While in that mode, drag the following files to the Trash:

Next: Please be advised that non-Apple "drive manager" or "utility" products are never required on Macs. Using it and products like it have been known to cause spontaneous and unrecoverable disk erasure. Don't use such things.

Dec 15, 2023 7:36 AM in response to saiguhan_e

First, start your Mac in "Safe Mode": How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support. Starting in Safe Mode takes longer than usual so let it finish.

While in that mode, drag all the files in those three folders to the Trash except those with the following in their names:

Google

Microsoft

Wibu

Zoom

Dec 15, 2023 11:08 PM in response to BarneyHomer

First, start your Mac in "Safe Mode": How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support. Starting in Safe Mode takes longer than usual so let it finish.

While in that mode, drag all the files in the folder shown in your third screenshot to the Trash except those with the following in their names:

Citrix

Google

GoToMeeting

"nbp.app” will damage your computer. You should move it to the Bin - screenshots from folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.