Live Captions not working

Live captions not working. It can be turned on, but cannot generate captions neither the Video or via microphone. It frozen at “Listening “ forever. I asked online Apple service person, tried everything, restart, reset all settings, force restart, update to the latest version 17.1.2, still not working.

when restart it turned up a “downloading” sign on the box.

hope to get a solution to this.

thanks.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Dec 9, 2023 2:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2024 12:13 PM

I have the same problem with the original poster, but I thought only when using Zoom, and only the last couple of days. It seems to be a more general problem now. I tried NPR and a Youtube video. Same problem, "listening." It was working fine before, but now it stays "listening" and goes no further. I'm running 17.4.1 on my Ipad. It is a critical app for me as a severely hard of hearing person.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2024 12:13 PM in response to LotusPilot

I have the same problem with the original poster, but I thought only when using Zoom, and only the last couple of days. It seems to be a more general problem now. I tried NPR and a Youtube video. Same problem, "listening." It was working fine before, but now it stays "listening" and goes no further. I'm running 17.4.1 on my Ipad. It is a critical app for me as a severely hard of hearing person.

Live Captions not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.