Google shows my location in searches

Google is getting more detailed about showing my location at the bottom of the search pages when i do searches…it now affects searches by limiting information about where i can purchase items, to “my area” rather than all areas. How can i prevent Google from controlling my search locations? I am on iOS 16.7.2, iPhoneX.

Posted on Dec 9, 2023 8:40 AM

5 replies

Dec 9, 2023 8:51 AM in response to Birdiefan

Don't give Google access to your location, especially specific location. The balance of location services for your browser if you do not give them permission is based on the return they get from your IP address that comes from your internet service provider (ISP). When I am connected to my wi-fi, my location shows as the nearest node for my ISP, unless I specifically block access when an app asks for my location. See if this helps. https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/179386?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid

Dec 9, 2023 9:13 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I think this information will be very helpful, but at this stage it is too complex for me.

I printed your reply and link and will study it all and share it with my 2 Chinese Cresteds, Cody and Twyla. They can ask your Papillon-looking Pup questions and interpret them for me i hope?

In the meantime, do you have a more simplistic instruction for me to Stop Google from controlling my searches PLEASE?

Mar 11, 2024 5:26 PM in response to Birdiefan

Ok, i think i found out why i kept getting the extremely annoying Google PopUp asking me to use Google…it might have been because somehow in my Apple “browsing options” like being able to choose “Private”, there was an option to use Google! I edited it out and so far, none of those Google PopUp asking me to use Google! I will repost if things change.

Thank you everyone!

Google shows my location in searches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.