Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Calendar access for an app not available in Privacy Settings

I have an app that when I try to add it’s appointments to my calendar gives me a message that says Calendar Access Denied. You can enable access in Privacy Settings. However, when I go into my settings, that particular app is not listed. How do I get the app to request permissions? Or add that app myself?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Dec 11, 2023 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2024 11:27 AM

I just found this conversation after searching for a solution to the same problem. I am trying to add my flight itinerary from the Delta app and it's the same thing. It says it needs permission. I go to settings, Privacy, Calendar, and there is nothing there to click to allow me to add permission. It's really frustrating.

27 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2024 11:27 AM in response to RockynRobyn

I just found this conversation after searching for a solution to the same problem. I am trying to add my flight itinerary from the Delta app and it's the same thing. It says it needs permission. I go to settings, Privacy, Calendar, and there is nothing there to click to allow me to add permission. It's really frustrating.

Mar 5, 2024 11:15 PM in response to Mom24monsters

I am having the same calendar problem. Before the iOS 17 update, adding flights from the Alaska Airlines app to my calendar was easy. Just a click of a button on the Alaska Airlines app. Now I receive an error message saying to allow calendar access. But when I go try the Alaska Airlines app does not appear. I’ve deleted and redownloaded the Alaska Air app. Didn’t fix it. Help?!!

Jan 11, 2024 9:42 AM in response to RockynRobyn

That just proves that it's a bigger problem than just one app. Thanks for letting me know that it wasn't Yelp. It's getting frustrating, and there's no way to force it! I've reported it to Apple, and I also reported the problem to yelp, though Yelp isn't quite sure what to do about it. For me, it's a bigger issue than just needing to add something to my calendar for my own sake, but it's a necessity. There are actual repercussions if I miss specific events. Yes, I can add them to the calendar manually, but that takes more time than I have, when the app, which used to have access to my calendar, no longer does and it can't request access. It isn't every app or every account either, because my husband can add events to his through Yelp. We have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it a total of four times now, and still no access.

Calendar access for an app not available in Privacy Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.