Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Standard apps will not be installed after reset / iPhone 8 / IOS 16.7.3

After resetting the iPhone 8 and doing the manually configuration, all standard Apple apps are not installing.

After tapping on one of the icons the message "Unable To Install "..." Please try again later" appears.

Internet browsing is possible with Safari.

None of the standard apps could be installed by the App-Store.

The iPhone was reset four times with and without an Apple-Account.

Serial number: FFPZH2FEJC67

Waiting time: 24h, without any changes

iPhone 8

Posted on Dec 13, 2023 2:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2023 11:59 PM

I tried the restore and update and it still had the same issue once I restored from backup. I didn’t try leaving it blank after the factory restore.

7 replies

Dec 19, 2023 3:55 PM in response to dirk_130

ALERT ALERT ALERT... 16.7.4 has replaced 16.7.3 as the "restore" version of the iOS, AND ALL OF THE APPLE DEFAULT APPS APPEAR AND OPEN NOW. I spent some time on the phone with Apple Support this afternoon and was able to describe and define what I thought the issue was, and about an hour later I received notification on my MacBook of 16.7.4 being posted. I went for it, and now I have a "new" iPhone8 that replaces my backup/overflow iPhone SE 1st Gen as a glorified iPod Touch (no SIM)... to pair with my primary iPhone SE 1st Gen cell phone... in anticipation of an iPhone SE 4th gen that preserves the Home button functionality and is not bigger than the iPhone 8 (preferring the size of the 1st Gen SE or the 13Mini with Home button functionality on the side button), or a virtual Touch/Home button on the display. Thank you Apple for fixing this for the five or six here who elevated the issue.

Dec 18, 2023 3:10 AM in response to dirk_130

I am experiencing the same issue since installing the latest 16.7.x update on my iPhone 8 yesterday. tried 4G, WiFi etc and none of the default apps install, either waiting for them or trying to force. even basics like wallet and mail will not work. I have logged out and back into my apple account and reset the device 4 or 5 times (including full phone erase) but still the same problem. I do not have a backup saved because it is an old phone i am using temporarily while my iphone 15 is repaired. any proper fix for this?

Standard apps will not be installed after reset / iPhone 8 / IOS 16.7.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.