Song rating no longer visible in album view on Apple Music on Mac

I'm asking this again, because this issue is still unresolved. I am no longer able to see my song ratings when in Album view, which is annoying to the point of making Apple Music unusable for me, since I use song ratings a LOT.

I've seen one person who keeps offering solutions (a lot of people are encountering the same problem) but his solutions don't apply. He keeps saying that you can go into preferences and toggle the setting but there is NO OPTION to do this on my computer. Let me share some screen shots.

Here you can see star ratings are not visible, and show view options is greyed out.

Here are my options in Preferences.

I am running Sonoma 14.2 and Music 1.4.2.83.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 14, 2023 10:08 AM

2 replies

May 22, 2024 11:22 AM in response to turingtest2

Tried signing out and back in, but it doesn't work for me. Since I upgraded to Sonoma, I also can no longer see the star ratings in Artists or Album view - stars are only visible in Song view for some reason, which isn't practical as I tend to use mostly Artist/Album views to listen to and rate songs. And the Star Ratings setting isn't visible either.

I am guessing this could be because I canceled my Apple Music subscription around the same time, which is bemusing to say the least. I would expect the rating functionality to continue working in all views when I'm no longer a subscriber, just as it did for many years before I signed up to the service.

I'd appreciate any help to solve this very annoying bug -- it is extremely frustrating for heavy Music app users like myself. Thank you in advance.

Sonoma 14.5, Apple Music 1.4.5.36

Song rating no longer visible in album view on Apple Music on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.