My PC went from "normal Itunes" to podcast & audiobooks. Cannot get out and off that page

I have a Lenovo PC. Have iTunes on it for years.

Last week when I went to access this program so I could sync my iPhone to it. a completely different page comes up when I click to astivate the program.

I am now trapped on a page of iTunes that is podcasts and audiobooks.

Cannot get off and out of this page and back to what I know (iTunes)

I have my iPhone backed up to my computer, not the cloud. Cannot get to any of that now.

Someone out there I would think has had this issue.

Appreciaate anyone's feedback.

Cheers,

Mark

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 17, 2023 11:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2023 8:47 AM

It sounds as if you have installed the Apple Music for Windows beta. This hobbles any installed copy of iTunes such that it only manages podcast and audiobook content, which while an improvement over earlier versions that broke iTunes completely, doesn't really let one try and compare one app with the other. Uninstall Apple Music and iTunes should work correctly for you once more.

tt2

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2023 8:47 AM in response to Wolfy55

It sounds as if you have installed the Apple Music for Windows beta. This hobbles any installed copy of iTunes such that it only manages podcast and audiobook content, which while an improvement over earlier versions that broke iTunes completely, doesn't really let one try and compare one app with the other. Uninstall Apple Music and iTunes should work correctly for you once more.

tt2

Dec 26, 2023 2:42 AM in response to Wolfy55

Wolfy55 wrote:

... Now I did download and set up Apple TV

Could that be the issue?

Yes. If you install either the Apple Music for Windows or Apple TV for Windows preview apps they will cause an existing iTunes installation to either not work at all, or be limited to audiobooks and podcasts. Uninstall the Apple TV app to restore iTunes functionality.

tt2

Mar 24, 2024 4:46 PM in response to iTuneschange

Check the dropdown list as shown near the top left of the image in Wolfy55's post above. If that list shows only Audiobooks and Podcasts then check in Programs and Features and remove any of the following items:

• Apple Music for Windows
  • Apple TV for Windows
  • Apple Devices for Windows

Once these are all removed iTunes should be able to open normally. Note if you have multiple users on the computer you may need to repeat for each user.

tt2

May 3, 2024 5:40 AM in response to DoctorChicago1950

As noted, check in Programs and Features and remove any of the following items:

• Apple Music for Windows
  • Apple TV for Windows
  • Apple Devices for Windows

Once these are all removed iTunes should be able to open normally. Note if you have multiple users on the computer you may need to repeat for each user.

If it is easier you can also locate these items in your start menu and right-click to get an option to uninstall.

tt2

Dec 23, 2023 1:27 AM in response to Wolfy55

Can you please post a screenshot of what you see? If you're seeing this dialog when you launch iTunes

then you've definitely got the Apple Music app installed. You can start typing "Apple Music" in the search window in the task bar, then select the Apple Music icon when you see it and click Uninstall from the options in the right-hand pane.

tt2

Dec 22, 2023 10:42 PM in response to turingtest2

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I do not have "Apple Music" on this laptop, I thought that might be a fix, when i went into the app store program that came with this PC I could not find it.

The iTunes I have I installed on this almost three years ago.

I have my iphone synced to this laptop, not the cloud. Everything worked perfectly all this time, then a couple weeks ago when I clicked iTunes on so I could sync my phone iTunes popped up in this podcast audiobooks page, I cannot find any tab to switch out.

Even with the itunes program on and I connect my phone, all that happens is the windows pictures program comes on, like always, when I minimize or close it, the itunes screen I have if the podcast audiobook page.

If I delete and reload the program, the information from my phone will be lost I assume, what about all my music?

I have several hundred songs that came from CD's, not iTunes store, do I lose those too?

ugh..

Mar 24, 2024 4:36 PM in response to turingtest2

So now iTunes is for podcasts only on my PC? What happened to all the music that was in my library? Why is it called iTunes if you can't get your tunes? These guys at Apple need to find something else to do with their time. Does anyone know how I can retrieve the music I had there? ps I have not downloaded applemusic or any of their other aps, so that's not the problem.

My PC went from "normal Itunes" to podcast & audiobooks. Cannot get out and off that page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.