IMEI and IMEI2 are both used on my iPhone but I never set this up

Apple or TMobile (my provider) have been contacted numerous to no avail and there's never a resolve. Been to each store respectively as well as hours on the phone. Still no resolution.

Here is the way my iPhone is set up in regard to the two IMEIs:

IMEI2: Under settings > general > about > ESIM - there lies the IMEI2 (which is not the same one originally assigned to my iPhone device Serial #).

IMEI: Under settings > Name (my Apple ID + iCloud etc) > scroll down to the device listed (which is my iPhone 12 pro max) > IMEI is same # assigned to my iPhone Serial #.

So essentially, both IMEIs are being utilized - but by whom? It is not set up as Family Share.

This has been happening over and over. I will factory reset the iPhone and ask to NOT transfer anything over from iCloud or from another device (my second device is an iPad without cellular). It seems fine at first. Then I noticed a few hours later it was back to the profile I mentioned about re: the two IMEIs.

It seems my iPhone is hacked or hijacked or cloned or whatever. Who the heck knows.

Apple wears Apple Hat and T-Mobile wears T-Mobile hat. Both will not admit security breaches by pretend users or any other malicious type of activity that will hinder their reputation. What a joke: "Your security is our top priority" >> this is pure and absolute BS to the umph degree. Give me some real security and help me.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 19, 2023 6:54 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 29, 2024 8:41 AM in response to 747greg400

747greg400 wrote:

My iPhone 15 pro for a time now has shown it has 2 separate IMEI numbers. IMEI 1 and IMEI 2. I am not sure how this is possible, as it is an unlocked phone that has never belonged to a carrier nor does it have cellular service now or ever set up on it. any information would be really helpful. I am not sure how a lot of this works. thank you

Your phone has the capacity to have two eSIMs active at once. There are two IMEI's listed. That doesn't mean you have the second one active. It just means it's available to be activated should you decide to do so.

Apr 28, 2024 6:19 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

I had a break into my home over Christmas, where my iMac find my app was accessed and pinging my AirTags and other devices. this is how the burglar discovered I was away. I have since been using a Motorola flip phone with no internet, or app programs. it foes have a SIM card for t mobile, but is for THAT phone. I have purchased an iPhone 15 pro which does not take physical SIM cards, only Esims. I use this phone ONLY on my home wifi, and have it linked to my WhatsApp messenger, so I do not have to T9 text every message. My iPhone 15 pro for a time now has shown it has 2 separate IMEI numbers. IMEI 1 and IMEI 2. I am not sure how this is possible, as it is an unlocked phone that has never belonged to a carrier nor does it have cellular service now or ever set up on it. any information would be really helpful. I am not sure how a lot of this works. thank you

IMEI and IMEI2 are both used on my iPhone but I never set this up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.