Location Services: System Services: Alerts & Shortcut Automations disable but still being pinged for location

Hello, I have had a continuing problem with Apple accessing location services when all location services are disabled. When I say "all", I mean all :) (before you ask :)). It started with "Improve Maps" and after talking with Apple support, they recognized it was a bug but assured me that Apple does not track individual details. Not comforting, as you can imagine when you disable a feature but still being accessed by Apple. Now, Apple is pinging my location through "Alerts & Shortcuts Automation" when I have this service disabled, along with all location tracking services. And to be a bit repetitive, I do not have a single app allowed to access my location. I have 2 Apple phones and it is occurring on both phones. This particular instance and phone (described above) is used to track any improprieties. Would there be help to further detail what is happening and why? Thank you.

Posted on Dec 20, 2023 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2023 7:31 AM

Interesting no one from Apple will respond. Hmmmm...

4 replies

Location Services: System Services: Alerts & Shortcut Automations disable but still being pinged for location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.