Cannot reorder playlist

I am using this version of the Apple Music app on Windows 10.

And reordering playlists just does not work. I can drag and drop but the playlist order always remains the same. Am I doing it wrong or is anybody else experiencing the same?

Windows

Posted on Dec 20, 2023 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2023 7:55 AM

Thanks for your reply. At least, I now know it's not me. :-)

I found that I could use the apple music webplayer to arrange the playlists.

And then use the windows app again to get lossless sound.

Similar questions

12 replies

Dec 22, 2023 12:58 PM in response to turingtest2

There is no View > Sort By menu option on the latest Apple Music app for Windows 11.

When you view the Playlist, you can select View As > Playlist.

If you change it to View As > Songs, then you get another menu, Sort By, which defaults to Physical & Ascending.

I started experiencing the SAME EXACT ISSUE as @lucius68 starting today; moving the song order within a Playlist worked fine for me on Windows as of 2 days ago.

Dec 22, 2023 1:34 PM in response to JerseyEric732

I've just installed the current Apple Music for Windows preview build. As you both say it isn't possible to rearrange the list manually. Physical Order feels like it is a (mis)renamed Play Order with broken functionality. Apple tried removing menus from iTunes in the past, it didn't work well then and is no better now. The app is rubbish and I'm reverting back to iTunes.

tt2

Dec 23, 2023 1:01 PM in response to fragileswift13

fragileswift13 wrote:

there is no such option as "Playlist Order" on the Windows version of Apple Music.

Thanks. This was brought to my attention earlier and confirmed after installing the Apple Music for Windows preview on Windows 11. A workaround using Apple Music via https://music.apple.com in a web browser has been proposed above. Personally I reverted to iTunes which works better for me in Windows. I tolerate the Apple Music app on my Macs where there is more functionality.

tt2

Dec 24, 2023 8:57 PM in response to turingtest2

I just want to point out: As recently as Dec 20, 2023, I could reorder tracks on a Playlist within the Apple Music Preview app on Windows 11. This functionality stopped working for me two days later on Dec 22, 2023. I am not sure if an update or upgrade to the Apple Music Preview app for Windows 11 was automatically installed between Dec 20, 2023 & Dec 22, 2023 . . . or if some change was pushed to the app without any upgrade.

One thing that I am certain about: Once I realized on Dec 22, 2023 that I lost this functionality [lost the ability to reorder tracks on a Playlist], my app version was (1.1028.8450.0), or build 1.1028.8450.0 -- the same version as lucius68.

Cannot reorder playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.