You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Loading your Cloud Music Library. This may take several minutes."

I know another thread is similar to this, but my environment is more current and slightly different.

I use an iMac, Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1, and Apple Music app 1.4.2.83. At one time I used Cloud Match or Music Match, or whatever it is called but I canceled that subscription a while back. I do not use any iCloud services that I know of.

When I launch the Music app I see the message "Loading your Cloud Music Library. This may take several minutes." near the top of the screen, below the mini player. This has been happening for some time. When I look through my library some songs have a small gray circle with a downward pointing arrow next to them, and others have a small cloud image; on the far right side of the screen.

1. Why am I seeing this message?
  2. How do I verify I am not using Cloud Match (???) or any Apple cloud services? I want all my music to reside on the iMac.

Thank you.

Hector Caroselli

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Dec 22, 2023 12:23 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Dec 24, 2023 2:48 PM in response to hcaroselli2

I don't that message has anything to do with Music but see Repair security permissions for iTunes/Music for Mac - Apple Community. You could apply similar ideas to the target location in that message. Typically Macs will put data in an alternative location such as Pictures, Music, or the Desktop, when it cannot write to the intended path.

tt2

Dec 24, 2023 1:55 PM in response to hcaroselli2

Well, I tried 2 things and the problem seems to have gone away. I went to the Accounts page and before I signed out I went to the Manage Devices link. There were 2 devices available, my iMac and my iPad. I removed the iPad then signed out and signed back in. As I said, the problem appears to be resolved. Thank you!

This is a second, minor issue; when I go to the Account Information page there is a message near the top that says I have 1 item waiting to be downloaded. When I click the Download button I get the following:

I am not sure what this means. That album shows in my library and seems complete. FWIW, this message has be showing for a very long time, multiple years. If you know what this means great, otherwise no big deal.

Thanks again for your help.

Hector

Dec 24, 2023 4:21 AM in response to hcaroselli2

Even if you don't have a subscription to Apple Music or iTunes Match your library should include your unhidden purchase history, which might potentially trigger that message at launch time. Under Music > Preferences (Settings) make sure that Sync Library is not ticked. You might also close Music, then hold down option+cmd when relaunching to open the app in its safe mode which may perform some optimisation of the library.

tt2

"Loading your Cloud Music Library. This may take several minutes."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.