M3 Pro 14” MBP Electric shock

My wife and I just upgraded to the 14” MBP with the M3 pro chip. Both our computers are demonstrating a serious safety issue. When plugged into AC power the chassis is live with ~ 45-50VAC. You get a tingle when touching either of them. They are on separate circuits in the home and each outlet has been tested and is properly grounded and has correct live / neutral wiring. I have measured using a digital multimeter set for VAC and am measuring between the ground on the AC outlet and the chassis of the computer. It does not matter if I’m using the Apple power supply that came with the computer or power delivery through the USBC port.

Two computers, two power supplies, alternate power supply, two electrical circuits, same issue. This appears to be a design flaw or manufacturing / QC issue. This is not safe and should never have been sent to consumers. Is there a Consumer Protection mandated recall on these?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.2

Posted on Dec 23, 2023 7:13 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

M3 Pro 14” MBP Electric shock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.