You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound on my MacBook

I bought this laptop in September and I have never had volume on it.

I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. Yes,I have tried unmuting it!

Posted on Dec 26, 2023 5:49 AM

1 reply

Dec 26, 2023 7:30 AM in response to janefromcuyahoga falls

Hi there

please try this

1. Unplug any headphones or external speakers.
  2. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Sound  in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.) 
  3. Click Output on the right. Make sure [Mac model] Speakers is selected, the “Output volume” slider is not all the way to the left and the Mute tick box is not selected.

• Unplug any headphones or external speakers from your Mac.
  • Make sure the cables from the display are connected to the ports on your Mac.
  • On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Sound  in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.) Click Output on the right, then make sure [Mac model] Speakers is selected in the output device list.

No sound on my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.