Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iCloud Notes Web-Only Version Not Saving Any Changes or New Notes

To begin, I do not have an iDevice of any kind. I have an Android phone and use Windows PCs or chromebooks. I was shared into an iCloud Note by an iPhone user to collaborate on, and created a Web-Only iCloud account to access and edit the note.

No matter which device or browser I sign into the note from, none of my changes or edits to the Note save. I can edit the Note and see the last edited time change, and I can even create new Notes, but once I leave the page or refresh or look at the Note from a different browser, none of my changes or new Notes are saved at all. My collaborator who owns the note also can't see any of my changes. They only stay locally for as long as icloud.com is open.

As an Android user who has always avoided iDevices, this isn't a good look for the Apple ecosystem, especially when Google's similar services (Keep, Docs, etc.) are virtually seamless with none of these issues.

Help! Any suggestions so that my Note edits can actually be saved?

Posted on Dec 28, 2023 12:29 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 19, 2024 8:30 AM in response to KBBureau

Hadn't checked it since posting this, but just logged back into the note today, tried to edit it, and it worked. The edit saved, even checked it across web and mobile browser and it stuck this time. So I'm not sure what happened, but it seems to be fixed for me now? Sorry I don't have any more suggestions than just "wait and try again in a few months" lol

Apr 19, 2024 4:40 AM in response to FinchStrife

I use Notes a lot on my PC (Win 11) through icloud web (Firefox, Chrome doesn't matter). When I edit a note it says its saving but its not. The "saving" message will stay there for hours. A very clunky work around that mostly works is to sign out of icloud, click "Trust and sign out". A message pops up saying "changes are being saved". Hit Cancel. At the next prompt hit "Leave page". This cancels the sign out process and takes you back to the icloud web home screen. Open Notes and the changes made are there. Is Apple listening? The icloud web version of Notes is not working. It works fine on my phone.

iCloud Notes Web-Only Version Not Saving Any Changes or New Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.