Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Calendar permissions after new iOS

After update to iOS17.2.1 on my wife’s iPhone 11, she gets the following message in calendar app - This app does not have access to your calendars. You can enable access in Privacy Settings.

Under calendars in privacy it says Full calendar access - 10 calendars, 652 events in the next year. I tried removing app and reinstalling but no luck.

iPhone XR, iOS 17

Posted on Dec 29, 2023 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2024 5:46 PM

I ended up power cycling the phone and this cleared things up.

6 replies

Dec 29, 2023 7:13 AM in response to 96gamec0ck

If it is not an iOS Calendar app then...

If you encounter any challenges with third-party applications, the best course of action is to directly contact the app developer for further assistance. Here's a brief guide on how to do it:

1. Identify the app developer.
  2. Visit their website or app store listing.
  3. Look for their contact information or support channels.
  4. Clearly describe the issue you are facing.
  5. Provide any necessary information they may need.
  6. Follow their instructions and provide feedback.
  7. Be patient and follow up if needed.

By reaching out to the app developer, you increase your chances of receiving accurate and personalized support for the challenges you're experiencing. To contact an App developer --> How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Dec 29, 2023 7:14 AM in response to 96gamec0ck

iPhone Calendar? Apple Calendar? There is no such thing.

Please check which is your Default email Account for the Calendar on your device? Settings > Calendar > Default Calendar

All the devices sync with an email client server which hosts your calendar. If you have a Calendar on iCloud that will not sync with Google Calendar. Settings > Calendar > Default Calendar [Choose what you want]. What you add (Event) on iPhone Calendar is synced with default calendar unless you have chosen a specific calendar at the time of event creation.

To which email account are the calendar events synced with your iPhone? This is not clear in your post

See the iPhone and Mac Calendar Pics below

Calendar permissions after new iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.