Voting limit. What is it? Where do I find it?

Yesterday I received a pop up in Apple Communities, “You’ve reached your voting limit for now. You can vote again later.” Where can I find this policy/criteria/limit explanation?

I searched bing and found 1 thread dated 12/25/2023 but It has been deleted from Apple community.

Posted on Jan 5, 2024 8:15 AM

11 replies

Jan 5, 2024 8:32 AM in response to SheIIyD

I don't believe that any specific limit has been published. I know that we were all getting that warning in the first day or two after the new voting system was released. It's possible that, as someone who is fairly new to participating in the forum, you have a limit on the number of times/how often you can vote. I know that new users have (or used to have) a limit on how often they can post. Such limits were introduced to make the forum less attractive to spammers.

You might try logging out and logging back in again, maybe clearing your browser cache/cookies. However, I think it may well be a feature rather than a bug.

Feb 22, 2024 6:55 AM in response to Kimberrley

Kimberrley wrote:

Ty. What are they and why? Or links are great too! Tia!

If you are a new poster, you are limited to the number of votes you can make and the rate at which you can make them. The Hosts have not publicly released a specific number. As you spend more time in the forums, participate more and move up levels, the limits will be extended and, I believe, eventually removed.

Mar 28, 2024 12:04 PM in response to tnt666

tnt666 wrote:

This voting limit is so annoying, it allows like 6 votes only! this is insane! Apple Community needs to get rid of this limit for users with any significant history. The claim that it's to "prevent spammers" is patently ridiculous. Spammers aren't interested in voting.

Apple does get rid of the limit for users with a significant history. When you reach that point, the limit will be lifted. I don't know exactly when that will be but I suspect it's a lot more than 11 points.

The limit is in place not so much to prevent spammers as to prevent gaming of the system.

Mar 28, 2024 12:26 PM in response to tnt666

tnt666 wrote:

"Point" systems are what games the system! I'm not interested in points, I come here for answers to problems, and feel it's important to that useful answers have more votes than useless answers. And there is a preponderance of useless answers.

This is the system we have. Like it or don't like it. Use it or don't. We are all just your fellow users and can change nothing.

I've been hanging around these forums for over 20 years. I've seen lots of different reputation systems. I can tell you that there are always useless answers, more than anyone would like. And there are always useless answers that get up-voted, awarded points, or marked "Best Reply." Not system can eliminate the biggest weakness: humans.

Voting limit. What is it? Where do I find it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.