Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iOS 17.2.1 on iPhone 11

My phone is currently on iOS 17.0.2 and I’m scared to update to iOS 17.2.1 since it could significantly worsen the phone’s battery life and performance. Should I update? What do you think?

iPhone 11

Bought 8 months ago

100% battery capacity

Currently running iOS 17.0.2

iPhone 11, iOS 17

Posted on Jan 7, 2024 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2024 8:42 AM

Already answered by WheelieNick, but to say again.......

Whenever you install a new update, the phone works overtime for a few days to index all the data on the phone.

Over a billion phones update with no problems, but there is always some issue with every update for a few users. No one posts here to say that their phone is working fine. Everyone here has a problem.

I'm convinced that if there was ever an update that did absolutely nothing except restart the phone, there would be posts from users claiming that the update killed their phone.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2024 8:42 AM in response to Goku3508_iOS

Already answered by WheelieNick, but to say again.......

Whenever you install a new update, the phone works overtime for a few days to index all the data on the phone.

Over a billion phones update with no problems, but there is always some issue with every update for a few users. No one posts here to say that their phone is working fine. Everyone here has a problem.

I'm convinced that if there was ever an update that did absolutely nothing except restart the phone, there would be posts from users claiming that the update killed their phone.

iOS 17.2.1 on iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.